Bahrain Sends Correspondence to Qatar to Renew Invitation to Start Bilateral Talks

2021-02-25 - 11:12 p

Bahrain Mirror: A delegate from the Bahraini foreign ministry visited Doha in the first visit of its kind since the Gulf crisis to call on Qatar to start bilateral talks about the mechanism of implementing the reconciliation.

The Qatari Minister of State for Foreign Affairs, Sultan bin Saad Al-Muraikhi, met on Wednesday with the Undersecretary of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs for Regional and GCC Affairs in Bahrain, Waheed Mubarak Sayyar, who will pay an official visit to Qatar.

Doha and Qatar stated that Sayyar delivered a written correspondence sent by the Bahraini Minister of Foreign Affairs, Abdullatif Al-Zayyani, to his Qatari counterpart, Mohammed bin Abudlrahman Al Thani.

Doha didn't reveal the content of the correspondence. However, the Bahraini Foreign Ministry said that the correspondence included renewing the invitation to send an official delegation to start bilateral talks between the two countries regarding pending issues between the two sides, in implementation of the provisions of Al-Ula statement issued at the 41st session of the GCC Supreme Council, which was held in Al-Ula Governorate, the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, on January 5, 2021.

This is the first visit of a Bahraini official to Doha since the Gulf dispute which started in 2017 and ended last month.

On February 7, Al-Zayyani said that Qatar "didn't respond" to an invitation sent by his country on January 11 to discuss "pending issues".

Arabic Version



المصدر: Bahrain Mirror
رابط الموضوع: http://bh-mirror.no-ip.org/en/news/59159.html